We’re busy revising the SAC website to serve the Squamish Art & Culture community better.
Squamish Arts Council Mission & Mandate:
The Squamish Arts Council’s (SAC) mission is to generate awareness of and improve access to arts , culture and heritage in Squamish. Since 2013, the SAC Board has focused on transitioning from an ‘operational’ arts organization to one that is more resource based that would serve as an arm’s length organization to the District of Squamish for the administration and adjudication of grant monies to arts groups, plus contribute to the development of stronger arts policy for the community, and provide more resources, mentorship and support for local arts, culture and heritage groups. 2014 was a turning point for SAC with many of these goals in progress and/or realized. 2015 has been a year of strategic planning for the future. More details coming soon.
Become a MemberJoin the Squamish Arts Council. Become a part of a group dedicated to making art and cultural opportunities happen in Squamish.
News: Call for Artists
We are now accepting submissions to facilitate painting seminars! Deadline March 10, 2017.
Arts & Culture Enhancement Grants
Our 2016 recipients are:
- “You Are Here” (Writing Workshop) – Andrea Hoff
- The Squamish WIND Festival – Dave Thompson
- Squamish Youth Arts Mentorship & Engagement Pilot Program/Arts Portfolio Workshop – Laurel Terlesky
- Howe Sound Music Festival – Hayley Read
- “Narratives of the Lost” (Photography and Poetry Exhibition) – Laurel Terlesky and Bren Simmers
- Squamish Farmers Market Entertainment Program – Patrick Demers
Apply for funding for your next art & culture project. Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2017.