Arts Council Building Sign Design Call To Artists & Designers
Description: Calling all local artists, artisans, designers, painters, carvers and welders to submit applications to design and create a new sign for the Arts Council Building located downtown Squamish.
Award: $1000 (includes all your materials excluding installation cost)
Eligibility: The Squamish Arts Council is accepting submissions from residents of Squamish (including Britannia, Valley Cliff, Squamish, Garibaldi Highlands and Brackendale) who are members of the Arts Council or under a member organization that is in good standing. For non-members please send in a membership application form and
payment in order to qualify as a candidate for this contest.
Application: Artist rendering must be submitted by as an original drawing or illustration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review all guidelines before sending.
Deadline: September 1, 2015
The Squamish Arts Council Board will evaluate all submissions based on artistic and creative merit, safety for installation, durability from the elements, plus visibility from the street. See guidelines and criteria for more information. The finalist selected by jury will be announced on November 1, 2015.
Guidelines Check List (Read carefully)
- Applicants must demonstrate they are a member of the Arts Council;
- The sign is not restricted in shape or size;
- Rendering must include use of the words ‘Arts Centre’;
- The design and size of the words ‘Arts Centre’ must be clearly visible from the road (Cleveland Ave);
- The application must include a written installation plan and timeline if materials used are wood or metal (does not apply to digitally printed signs);
- Applicants must also include a 200 word artist statement along with full name, address and contact information.
NOTE: The Squamish Arts Council logo does not have to appear in the sign. The logo will be installed on a plaque to the left of the front door.